Thursday, January 7, 2010

crafty

i guess i should probably write about my new years resolutions too. matt's are so well thought out and are intended to make him a better person.
my resolution has nothing to do with that at all.
my only resolution is to be more crafty.
i'm definitely going to learn how to use my new sewing machine. matt and i bought some really cool fabric for my first project which was going to be an octopus plushie like this one...



i love love love this octopus so much so i tried to copy it but the fabric we got was not intended for a beginning sewing project. it was too stretchy and i had no idea how to use it. so we went back to the store to get nice cotton fabric that i know i can sew with and i found an
easy monster plushie pattern to start me out.
i'm going to try to make this orange one!



its basically the easiest one possible which makes it perfect for me!


matt also turned me onto sculpey. he made me some amazing tetris earrings for christmas and i made a keychain as a christmas gift too. i'm working with sculpey more and more and yesterday i made these penguin earrings.


perfect for valentines day!


hopefully after this year i'll be an expert with my sewing machine and with the
sculpey and i'll be able to make all kinds of things for
myself and for other people!


1 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

I hope this resolution means you will be making me lots of stuff.

Post a Comment