Thursday, January 17, 2013
Sunday, January 13, 2013
so the first week of school was...all sorts of things.
rough, exciting, overwhelming, dramatic
let's bullet point this shall we?
- i'm not at MCC anymore. it's also been a loooong time since i've been to school. i feel stupid ALL THE TIME! i know it's only been one week and i'll get back in the game soon enough but man, can't that just automatically happen??
- making new friends is super awkward and weird.
- it only seems to rain when i'm walking/bike riding to and from school. FYI sitting in class while completely drenched is very unpleasant.
found this little gem on amazon and while i believe it would keep me nice and dry (and incredibly popular) i didn't buy it.
- my feet are so sad here. i have blisters on my heels, sides of my feet, in between my toes.
i can hardly walk, guys. it's a problem.
- i'm at school all day until about 2 PM and i haven't quite figured out how to eat lunch yet so i'm starvingggg every day!
i should probably go to the grocery store and buy some more snackies but i'm also afraid of the grocery store and its prices.
i was explaining to my sister that we tried buying a broom this week and found out it cost $12 for the broom and another $12 for the dustpan. we agreed that any broom that costs $24 should do all the work for you! agreed??
anyway, i'm hungry.
- please don't hate me for saying this but...i haven't become used to hearing the waves during the night. i'm not a very good sleeper and when you add stormy, super loud waves to the situation it just makes things worse.
i'm so sleepy!
- i really miss my puppy
now on to the good things!
- the view from across the street is unbelievable!
- we finally set foot on the beach!
- i'm getting way better at riding my bike!
i named my little bike Lorelai because every time i ride it i feel like Lorelai Gilmore the day her Jeep died and she had to ride her bike everywhere.
the similarities are uncanny.
- we went to Giovanni's Shrimp Truck and had some of the best shrimp i have ever EVER had!
it was totally worth the 3 mile bike ride there and 3 miles back!
i can't wait to go again!
so to sum things up, Hawaii is a huge adjustment for me.
i went from sitting at home all day every day for the past 3 years to having to do all these crazy new scary things!
but all in all, i'm super happy here! i'm super happy to study something that i love in a place that i love!
and i can't wait to do more crazy new scary things every day!
Friday, January 11, 2013
Monday, January 7, 2013
we have officially lived in Hawaii for one whole week and i still can't even believe it.
pictures to prove it!
bye bye AZ
heel clicks for making it to our new home
time change woes
intro to humidity hair
the front yard
our only form of transportation now
trying to embrace the curly humidity hair that gets worse every day
first Hawaii sunrise not completely covered by clouds and rain
cooking never seemed so awesome
Matt saying "how do i climb down there?"
my life now.
today, i successfully woke up around 5:30 AM, got ready, rode my bike to school in the rain and went to class soaking wet.
great start to a great semester!
Sunday, November 11, 2012
today i celebrate 6 whole years with my hubsy!!
he's the best thing that's ever happened to me and every day i can't believe how lucky i am!
Monday, November 5, 2012
and today marks day 4 of being sick sick sick.
apparently my body thinks it's super boring to be sick the same way for 4 days straight so it keeps jumbling everything around.
Day 1: asthma attack city! can't breathe can't breathe oh my freaking gosh i can't breathe.
Day 2: still can't breathe and have the worst sore throat in the history of sore throats. went to urgent care where they made me wait 3 hours and i almost passed out from NO AIR!
Day 3: super bad fever and more sore throat-ness. at least i could finally breathe.
Day 4: runniest of noses and biggest of heads.
thanks for trying to make being sick interesting little body but seriously this has to stop!
you now have 4 days to be entirely over this before Anniversary Weekend is upon us.
consider yourself warned.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
the king and queen of Halloween are back!
like i said before, this year was pretty low key for us because of our busy busy schedules but i proudly present to you...
Captain Malcolm Reynolds and Jayne Cobb!
Captain Tight Pants
big thanks to Amy, Chase and little Finners for being such amazing photographers!!