Friday, May 11, 2012

stress free is the way to be

i stress way too much.
there, i said it.
i'm sure my levels of stress are about 25% due to the fact that i'm a girl and that's what we do but 75% due to the fact that i'm crazy in the head.
i make insane expectations for myself and am constantly adding thing after thing to my to-do list when i know i won't be able to finish it all.
and then when i don't finish it all i'm upset and frustrated and even more stressed.
so i decided i'd like to get all this under control. 
no need for excess amounts of stress in your life right?
life is for fun and happiness and eating delicious junk food and snuggling puppies and playing on slip and slides.
i think the biggest thing that could help with my stress is changing my being trapped indoors situation.
i work from home and since we only have one car that Matt takes to work well...here i am, stuck until he comes back at night and by that time it's late and we usually just stay in.
not having a car limits what i can do outside of the house but it is summer time and our neighborhood does have a pool so i thought to myself "self, you should at least get out of the house and lay around by the pool on the days you're in need of a stress relieving good time."
and that's what i started to do.
laying out
me and kindy have made a couple trips to the pool this week to relax and if during that time my skin decides to turn from pasty white to a more attractive color, i wouldn't mind that too much.
i'm trying really hard to see these little pool outings as something fun to do instead of just another thing to add to my to-do list.
at least once this week i felt myself starting to feel like it was a thing i had to do every single day and therefore i would have to make time for it and that would mean i wouldn't be able to get this and this done before this had to happen and blahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
again, loca en la cabeza.
this is just for fun!
and it's even more fun if Matt gets to do it with me.
this morning he went in to work a little late so we got to lay out and splash around in the pool and then eat breakfast together.
we NEVER get to do that and i loved it!
anyway...here's to the start of my stress free summer/life.
please send all kinds of stress reducing thoughts my way.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I take off the rest of the school year and come join you in the pool? Pretty pretty please? Or at least come join you in about a week and a half? Sweet. See you then.

Stine

Post a Comment